All the things.

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Be mine.

I invented a soup for Valentines day! 
...And of course I documented each step...
All ready to go!

Step One:

Chop Chop Chop!
I prepared 2 pounds of sweet potato, 5 carrots, and 1.5 apples to juice.

Step 2...and 3:
Juicing!

Meanwhile...1 tablespoon of butter melting away.

Tada! 2.5 cups of juice.

Step 4:
I added a bunch of powdered ginger and 2-3 cloves of garlic to the butter. I would have used fresh ginger, but I didn't have any...next time I will add fresh ginger to the juice!

I poured in a little broth to keep the butter from burning...The juice wasn't quite finished.

Step 5:
Then I alternated pouring in these three liquids into the pot, stirring constantly and slowly.

In the end I used about half a can of coconut milk, half a box of chicken broth, and all the juice.

Step 6:


 A little heat to balance out the sweet and rich ingredients! 

Step 7:



Serve! 
Add a beautiful bouquet, tasty red wine, soft bread, and Gruyere cheese, 
and you have a lovely savory Valentine's meal.

Happy Love Day!




No comments:

Post a Comment