I will start with a tool I've used almost every day: Classroom Timers. I've found timers to be a super valuable tool. For my students who typically globally have difficulty making transitions, I've found the timer to be a very simple classroom management strategy. This site provides free timers with a variety of choices for a visual connection to time passing. My students, particularly the boys, loved it when I use the rocket or the bomb option. A warning though, once I used the bomb, and we left the room before the end of the timer, and I neglected to stop it. The "bomb" went off, and my neighboring classrooms were very concerned, as the explosion sound continues until it is turned off.
Tuesday, July 7, 2015
Classroom Timers
It has been a long time since I have added to this blog. I decided to return to the blogging world with a new category for my posts: The Classroom. As I am in transition to a new job, I have realized that I have a wealth of resources that I can share pretty easily, particularly with technology.
I will start with a tool I've used almost every day: Classroom Timers. I've found timers to be a super valuable tool. For my students who typically globally have difficulty making transitions, I've found the timer to be a very simple classroom management strategy. This site provides free timers with a variety of choices for a visual connection to time passing. My students, particularly the boys, loved it when I use the rocket or the bomb option. A warning though, once I used the bomb, and we left the room before the end of the timer, and I neglected to stop it. The "bomb" went off, and my neighboring classrooms were very concerned, as the explosion sound continues until it is turned off.
I will start with a tool I've used almost every day: Classroom Timers. I've found timers to be a super valuable tool. For my students who typically globally have difficulty making transitions, I've found the timer to be a very simple classroom management strategy. This site provides free timers with a variety of choices for a visual connection to time passing. My students, particularly the boys, loved it when I use the rocket or the bomb option. A warning though, once I used the bomb, and we left the room before the end of the timer, and I neglected to stop it. The "bomb" went off, and my neighboring classrooms were very concerned, as the explosion sound continues until it is turned off.
Labels:
Classroom
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment